Remote Controlling Cubase (on Win7) via Macbook?

Brandy

Remote Controlling Cubase (on Win7) via Macbook?

Post by Brandy »

Today I tried IC Pro the first time and I am euphoric :)

But using it on an iPhone is fine for the basic stuff, maybe when recording vocals or just managing the cue mix...

I will get myself am iPad maybe - but wouldn't it be great if I would be able to use my Macbook Pro or my Macbook Air for controlling my studio DAW? I am a drummer and I am used to use my Laptop beside me when I play & record drums.. when sweating and being in full-power mode the handling of the iphone Touchsceeen is quite nasty..

Is there a way controlling Cubase/Nuendo running on my Main DAW (Win7 64bit) with my Macbook?

At the best without having to resize the Quad-Screen Setup on my DAW... and because I have no Lan Cables between the rooms it would be awesome to just do it via WLan.

I heard/read about quite a lot ways to do it in the past - but all of them felt quite uncomfortable.

So I basically see two ways:

- Some kind of remote desktop
- Something like IC Pro, but running on the Macbook

Brandy
Last edited by Brandy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C9.5 - N6.5 - WL9 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: Remote Controlling Cubase (on Win7) via Macbook?

Post by -steve- »

It occurs to me that you could conceivably use a MIDI Device Panel in a lower version of Cubase, like AI or Elements, routed to a network midi port, and then set up a Generic Remote listening on that port on Cubase on the Windows machine.

Not an easy task, (and I do not know about Windows network midi cables- but Mac OS has then built-in)

So that's my partial-idea contribution! :?
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

Indigo

Re: Remote Controlling Cubase (on Win7) via Macbook?

Post by Indigo »

Easiest (and most economical) solution: buy a cheap Android tablet (you don't need fancy graphics. An old dual-core will do and you can find one of those on EBay for as little as $100.) ICPro works just as well on Android as it does on iPad.
Main system: i7 4770k, 32gb RAM, 512 gb SSD (OS), 1 tb SSD (audio), 3x 3tb SATA III 7200-rpm drives (samples), 3x 3tb USB 3.0 (backup/general storage), nVidia GTX 780 ti (3 monitors), Antec Sonata III case, Win 8.1 Pro, RME UFX audio interface.

Return to “Cubase iC Pro”