Working without Bonjour

mkok

Working without Bonjour

Post by mkok »

I don't know if this is supported or there have been any other threads but after I rebuilt my PC I did not install iTunes or Bonjour and can get iC Pro working by manually entering the IP address in the App. I have to do it every time but it remembers the IP and you then just click on it. I prefer this as I am trying to run my PC as lean as possible.
i9 9900k 32gb ram, Zoom LiveTrack L20, Genelc 1029a, Roland TD-30 ekit. SD3 Cubase and Wavelab always latest versions.Lots of other bits.

mr.roos

Re: Working without Bonjour

Post by mr.roos »

Fascinating. Are you sure there is no instance of Bonjour on your DAW? Do you have a printer connected via Wi-Fi? From my perspective what you suggest is not possible. I do like the lean approach, too, but I think that Bonjour is a given element.

Will Steinberg join this conversation please?
Cubase 10.5 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

Patanjali

Re: Working without Bonjour

Post by Patanjali »

Bonjour is NOT required to run iC Pro. However, I have to enter the IP address of my DAW computer every time I start it up.

Not a real problem, as it's a one-off per session, but incredibly lazy of SB to not include a means of remembering it, especially as the permissions required to be agreed to would allow it.

Instead, they incorrectly specify that we must install a third-party service to do such a simple thing.
Patanjali
Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GTX 1050 : SSDx7 : UAD2Q : TCL 49C2US x2.
HW: YRG : uKEY2 : UR44.
SW: Dual boot Win10P : Cubase 8.0.30 Pro 64 : RX4Adv : Ozone6Adv : Goliath/SO/Pianos/Gypsy/SV : Sup.Drum 2

Return to “Cubase iC Pro”