Fresh Install on new PC Laptop with upgrade from Elements 7 to 10.5

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
TomBass

Fresh Install on new PC Laptop with upgrade from Elements 7 to 10.5

Post by TomBass »

My old Windows 7 & Cubase Elements 7 laptop is finally being replaced! I want to do a fresh install & upgrade to Elements 10.5 on my new laptop. My old laptop frequently crashes when running Cubase so I don't want to do any kind of file transfer from old to new systems. Also I started years ago with Elements LE 4 trial, then bought Elements 6, then did a digital upgrade to 7... so I dont have an install disk for Elements 7. So how should I go about getting set up on my new PC? If I pay for the upgrade to Elements 10.5 can I still get a "fresh copy" of the full program to install without buying it again? I still have my Elements 6 install disk but new laptop doesn't have a physical disk drive. And it seems a little ridiculous to install 6 and then upgrade it to 7 (using an old upgrade file), then pay for the upgrade to 10.5. Please Help... what should I do!?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Fresh Install on new PC Laptop with upgrade from Elements 7 to 10.5

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Yes, you can get fresh installation of Cubase Elements 10.5 only.

Install eLCC and reactivate your Cubase Elements 7 license to the Soft-eLicenser at your new computer. Then use the upgrade Activation Code to upgrade the license to Cubase Elements 10.5.

Download Steinberg Download Assistant and download + install Cubase Elements 10.5. Done.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Presales”