Issue Registering Cubase AI4

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
razorpig

Issue Registering Cubase AI4

Post by razorpig »

First off, sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this question. I have a very old XP box with a Cubase AI 4 license stored within a Soft e-Licenser. I'm trying to register this in my Steinberg account so I can transfer it to a new machine and also qualify for the upgrade to Cubase AI 10.5 but I'm getting a message saying that the soft e-licenser number has already been used. I'm totally confused ! There's no sign of it in my account - I have Cubase 4 and 4 LE listed on my account, but no AI 4. How is it possible that someone else has registered my soft e-Licenser number to their account? I'm thinking at this stage there's probably nothing I can do about it.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Issue Registering Cubase AI4

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Did you use other email address by any chance?

Get in contact with your local Steinberg distributor/technical support. They can find the MySteinberg account by the Activation Code.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

razorpig

Re: Issue Registering Cubase AI4

Post by razorpig »

@Martin.Jirsak Thanks Martin - that did occur to me but I've tried all my other email addresses, at least all the ones I can remember. I'll try Tech Support. It's so frustrating - I can see the license right in front of me but can't do anything with it. If I try to move it from the Soft e-licenser to my USB dongle I get an error message saying the software is out of date. I've updated to the latest version I can find that will still run on XP. Still no joy. See attachments.
Attachments
Transfer Error.jpg
(186.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Licenses.jpg
(185.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Presales”