Upgrade Education Version

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
tribal

Upgrade Education Version

Post by tribal »

I've just found this offer https://new.steinberg.net/promotion/cub ... -upgrades/

Does anyone know if this will work for Cubase 4 Education Edition?

KHS

Re: Upgrade Education Version

Post by KHS »

Yes it should work.
Cubase Pro 11.0.0 - Audient ID22 - Adam A7X - Adam Sub 7 - Windows 10 Latest build - I7-7700K@4,5GHz - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM@3000MHz - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo - Corsair MP510 960 GB - Corsair MP510 1920 GB - Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB - Crucial MX300 525 GB.

tribal

Post by tribal »

Thanks KHS ! I kinda wish that was a 'will' instead of a 'should', but I'll risk it....

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni »

tribal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:15 pm
Thanks KHS ! I kinda wish that was a 'will' instead of a 'should', but I'll risk it....
You can answer the question yourself, simply by reading what is written on that page...

tribal

Post by tribal »

Thanks svennilenni - I did read all the information on that page very carefully but found the footnote a little confusing, which is why I asked the question here. If the answer is clear to you perhaps you'd be kind enough to share it with me.

theakston

Post by theakston »

hi tribal....I also have a educational Cubase 5, and was interested in the update to Cubase 10.5 pro... I looked at the page and to me , it was not clear....I did however send a mail to Steinberg, asking for clarification . still waiting for their reply ( not holding my breath though )

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni »

As the page says: It is valid for all updates and upgrades. Since an update / upgrade from an educational version is no different from a regular update / upgrade, it is valid also for Cubase educational versions.

Educational versions and Cubase Artist updates are excluded from the „buy Artist, get Pro“ - deals, which is explicitely mentioned on the page. So if you intend to upgrade to Cubase Artist for 40% off, to get a free PRO version - that will not work.

tribal

Post by tribal »

@svennilenni - Thanks for the explanation. I think I'm getting it now.

@Theakston - I'll still be very interested to know if you get any feedback from Steinberg, but I'm not holding my breath either !

tribal

Post by tribal »

@Theakston - I thought you might like to know that I updated my license no problem.

As for installing the new software and getting it working, that's a different matter ! ;-)

theakston

Post by theakston »

hi tribal, that's good to hear ( the license part ) as for the rest .no surprise there ! incidentally still not heard anything from steiney

hope all goes well mate

regards

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni »

theakston wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:23 am
incidentally still not heard anything from steiney
All there is to know is on their site anyway.

C Holdz

Post by C Holdz »

It actually said it excludes the Edu version, so you had to buy the retail version of artist to get the Pro upgrade free.

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni »

C Holdz wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 pm
It actually said it excludes the Edu version, so you had to buy the retail version of artist to get the Pro upgrade free.
Which is what I had written before already.
The actual question however was not about the "Buy artist get Pro for free" Deal, but updating an existing Artist version to Pro with 40% discount, which - as I also wrote - included Artist versions.

C Holdz

Post by C Holdz »

I see
Did you try it and get it?

KHS

Post by KHS »

C Holdz wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:54 pm
I see
Did you try it and get it?
The offer is expired by now, so you will have to pay full price.
Cubase Pro 11.0.0 - Audient ID22 - Adam A7X - Adam Sub 7 - Windows 10 Latest build - I7-7700K@4,5GHz - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM@3000MHz - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo - Corsair MP510 960 GB - Corsair MP510 1920 GB - Samsung 840 EVO 240 GB - Crucial MX300 525 GB.

Return to “Presales”