I have tried US tech support email, but they have been vague and quite unhelpful and keep suggesting using this forum for help, which I find a little disappointing, but alas - here I am!
A brief introduction: I have been a Cubase 6 user for nearly 10 years running on a dedicated non-internet Windows 7 machine. Love the software and have made hundreds of albums/songs/etc. with it. It has been extremely stable and I have never had an issue with anything using it almost daily, so I need to reliably count on things to work w/out issues. The newest version looks incredible and I'd like to step up and get all the new features and benefits it has to offer, but with a CPU that is also around 10 years old I am suspecting that I will have to do some pretty major upgrades to it in order for it to "work", which I am willing to do, but if I don't have to - Great!
Here's what I already know:
- Need to upgrade OS to Windows 10 (which I assume I can do w/out issues with my current configuration)
- Need 8GB RAM or more
- CPU "Minimum" is Intel Core i series or AMD Ryzen multi-core (which I am confused as to if my current configuration is equal to or "Just as good")
- CPU Recommended: Intel i5 or faster (again - is this necessary for me given my machine and what it has?)
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
- RAM: 8.00 GB
- 64-bit OS
- Computer: (via Device Manager) ACPI x64-based PC
If anyone can advise, I'd really appreciate it. Let me know if you need any other details, pictures, etc.
Thanks in advance!