No audio when inputting notes on drum editor

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
doomnomnom

No audio when inputting notes on drum editor

Post by doomnomnom »

Hi all. I've recently installed Getgood Drums Invasion using Kontakt Player. Finally got sound to work using the drum editor instead of piano roll (changing the channel in Kontakt to Ch10). However, I now have no sound when I put a note down, a snare hit for example. It plays back fine, but just no sound initially. This is frustrating for changing velocity of hits, as you can't hear how loud/soft you're making the hit unless you play the track. I assume I've changed something in Cubase when trying to fix the initial 'no sound' issue.

Any clues as to where I should start trouble shooting? I love getting new gear, but I hate the *flower* you have to go through to get it to work for you haha

Cheers
- Dave

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: No audio when inputting notes on drum editor

Post by Prock »

Thought...
On older CB versions the track "Monitor" function needs to be enabled to hear during recording. Make sure to disable it to hear during playback.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Krejci86

Post by Krejci86 »

Hi, I had the same problem. In drum editor just activate the 9th icon from left "acoustic feedback"

br
Karel

DennisO571

Post by DennisO571 »

I'm having the exact same issue, and it's not solved when I adjust the "Acoustic Feedback" or "Monitor" switches in either direction. It worked at one point but not now.... don't know what the heck happened.

Sb408

Post by Sb408 »

Same problem here and no replies to so many of these threads I find.
Steinberg UR22 Interface
Steinberg Cubase Artist 10.5
Toontrack Ezdrummer
Adobe Audition

HP Elitedesk G1
Macbook Pro mid-2012
Dell XPS 15

Return to “Issues”